Avis rates do not include fuel. Avis offers three options for fuel:
- Return the car with the same amount of fuel as when rented and no refueling fees will apply.
- Return the car with less fuel than when rented and pay a refueling service charge for the fuel used. The refueling service charge is a rate higher than the local retail fuel prices. The latest refuelling service rate will be shown on your rental agreement and is subject to GST.
- Purchase the prepaid fuel option
The prepaid fuel option allows the renter the option of purchasing, a full tank of fuel at a price competitive with the prevailing local service station rates for regular unleaded petrol. This eliminates the need to refill the tank before the vehicle is returned. There is no credit given for fuel remaining in the vehicle at the time the vehicle is returned, so the renter should return the vehicle with as little fuel remaining as possible. The prepaid fuel purchase option must be selected at the beginning of the rental.
In the event that you have an accident and there is damage to the vehicle in any way, you should do the following:
- Call the police (dial 111) to report the accident
- Contact the nearest Avis branch or phone the location where you picked up the rental car. The rental location phone number is printed on the top of your rental agreement.
- Obtain the details of all parties involved in the accident and if a third party is responsible for the accident, Avis will replace the car. In certain circumstances, if the car is written off it will not be replaced.
Free Avis Mechanical Breakdown Assistance is available 24 hours a day to all customers driving an Avis rental vehicle. So in the unlikely event of something going wrong with your car you're never on your own.
If you need Avis Mechanical Breakdown Assistance phone 0800-652-847.
Free Avis Mechanical Breakdown Assistance is provided by AA New Zealand and covers all inherent mechanical faults on your rental car.
Fees apply for all other roadside assistance call outs including: refueling, jump start, tyre related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle.
For Mechanical Breakdown Assistance or Avis Roadside Assistance call 0800-652-847 and help will be on the way.
Avis may periodically send email promotional offers and other helpful communications to customers who request and welcome them.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from Avis and would like to opt-out of an Avis email campaign, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
All email communications from Avis should have an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
If you've left a personal item behind, immediately phone the Avis location where you dropped off your rental car. The phone number for the location is listed on your Rental Agreement.
Search for Rental Locations in New Zealand.
Please report any lost items at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to find it.
Yes, the renter is solely responsible for any parking tickets or traffic violations incurred during the rental period.